Dr. Robert H. Harris Emergency Care Center
Superior Emergency Care
No one can predict when an emergency may happen, but if you or a loved one find yourself in an emergency and medical care is needed, you can rest assured that the Dr. Robert H. Harris Emergency Care Center for emergent and ambulatory care at Bayshore Medical Center is close by. Since opening nearly 50 years ago, the medical center has continuously grown, offering advanced technology, expanded services and highly qualified physicians to treat the diverse needs of the community.
Our expanded state-of-the-art emergency department has increased outpatient services for the community and is staffed by a full-service team of emergency medicine clinicians. It offers 24/7 immediate coverage by board certified Emergency Medicine physicians with support from specialists in cardiology, orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, pulmonology, surgical specialists and many others. Our physicians are supported by a multidisciplinary team of Advanced Practice Providers, nationally recognized magnet nurses, and experienced technicians.
Benefits of the new Dr. Robert H. Harris Emergency Care Center include:
- 32,000 square foot Emergency Care Center, more than twice the size of our previous emergency department
- Resources to care for 55,000 adult and pediatric patients annually
- Decreased wait times and increased efficiency
- 35 private patient treatment rooms with built-in privacy blinds and bariatric-friendly beds
- The latest wide-bore, bariatric-friendly CT scanner and X-ray within the care center, decreasing wait times for patients in need of imaging
- The Evelyn and Harold Harris Crisis Center, a five-bed unit staffed with behavioral health specialists
- The Jean and John Fay Pediatric Care Area, which includes an autism-friendly room designed to be sensory sensitive
- Three triage areas
- Two isolation rooms and a decontamination area
Should you need additional care, we’ve added a substantial amount of advanced technology throughout the hospital including a new surgical robot, the latest high-definition imaging equipment, and life-saving technology in our cath lab thanks to our donors. And while we hope you won’t need to visit our emergency department, we’re ready to care for you and your family, should the need arise.
- Learn how Maryana learned that her headache was actually a brain tumor
- Compassion Project
- Listen to Podcast: Narcan®: The Facts vs. The (Pulp) Fiction
- Learn more about the services of our Emergency Care Center
Directions & Parking
To continually provide ongoing improvements to benefit our hospital and the patients we serve, Bayshore Medical Center offers complimentary valet parking to patients and visitors alike. The drop off and pick up location is located by the Ganz lobby and Emergency Department entrance. This service is available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Our facility is easily accessible via major highways as well as public transportation.
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 800-560-9990.
Bayshore Medical Center
727 North Beers Street
Holmdel, NJ 07733
For a true medical emergency, call 911 for assistance.
To learn more about Bayshore Medical Center, please call 732-739-5900.