Chest Pain Center
Heart attacks are the leading cause of death in the United States. 600,000 people die annually of heart disease, and more than five million Americans visit hospitals each year with chest pain.
The Chest Pain Center is one of the many cardiac care services available at Bayshore Medical Center that offers aggressive and preventive treatment plans to patients with acute coronary syndromes. We ensure that our approach is consistent, accurate and thorough and involves a collaboration of specialties including physicians and health care professionals from our cardiology, radiology, laboratory, pharmacy, cardiac catheterization, nursing and emergency departments, as well as our Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel.
We are experts in:
- Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients quickly
- Effectively treating patients with low risk for acute coronary syndrome and no assignable cause for their symptoms
- Ensuring our Chest Pain Center personnel are highly experienced, forward thinking and well-trained
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Supporting community educational programs that encourage prevention, diagnosis and long-term treatment
One of the biggest advantages of Chest Pain Center accreditation is that physicians are able to diagnose and expedite treatment during the critical early stages of a heart attack.
In August 2013, Hackensack Meridian Health earned the highest designated Chest Pain Center Accreditation by the Society of CardioVascular Patient Care (SCPC), a global not-for-profit organization committed to leading the fight to eliminate heart disease as the number one cause of death worldwide, and has remained a designated center since our initial accreditation.
Hackensack Meridian Health’s chest pain accreditation reflects the dynamic and effective care for patients who present symptoms of a heart attack, as well as a seamless, coordinated approach to cardiovascular care that ensures the best outcomes for patients.
Bayshore Medical Center
727 North Beers Street
Holmdel, NJ 07733
To learn more about our Cardiac Care Services, please call 732-739-5923.